- Soak saltfish in water for a few hours to remove some of the salt, Rinse thoroughly
- Clean the ackee. Remove the seeds and all traces of interior red pit from the ackees. Wash ackee fruits thoroughly (rinsing several times)
- Place Ackee in pot of water and boil for 30 mins. Drain, cover, and put aside.
- Remove any bones from the fish.
- In a small pot or frying pan, sauté chopped onions and sweet peppers.
- Remove half of the fried onions and peppers
- Add saltfish and the ackees.
- Sautee together for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish, on toast, in a wrap, or over salad.