Time : 45 minutes, servings:4
Preparation of stuff:
Coriander seeds: 1 teaspoon
Udad dal: 1 tablespoon
Chana dal: 1 tablespoon
Jeera: 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
Methi seeds: ½ teaspoon
Dry red chilles: 5-6 no.s (depending on the spice required)
Tamarind: marble sized (as per the taste)
Salt: as per the taste
Oil: 4 tablespoons
This is one of the traditional recipes, followed by the people of Andhra Pradesh. The tender brinjals are selected for making this delicious stuffed curry. The brinjals are washed thoroughly before making this curry.
- Add two table spoons of oil to the frying pan. Then add all the ingredients (except onions) listed in the preparation of stuff. Roast them and set aside to cool.
- To the same pan, add onions and fry till they become transparent.
- The roasted ingredients are ground to coarse powder using mixer and then onions are also added to the same mixer. Adding onions later to the mixer gives a very good textured paste for stuffing into the brinjals. Also add tamarind, half tablespoon salt along with the onions
- The washed brinjals are taken and then the slits are made transversely opposite to each other.
- The stuff prepared is inserted into each brinjal.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the same pan. Add all the stuffed brinjals, sprinkle salt on them and allow them to cook for half an hour at medium flame, until they become soft.
- Then they are ready to serve.
- Garnish them with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy this traditional recipe with hot rice, it tastes best.