Gokul Pithe Recipe
About Gokul Pithe Recipe:
A mouth-watering Bengali sweet, Gokul Pithe is a traditional dish that is made on the ocassion of Makar Sankranti or Poush Parbon in Bengali families. These are sweet fried dumplings, soaked in thick hot sugar syrup. They are mostly filled with grated coconut and jaggery.
Made easily with simple ingredients, Gokul pithe is simply an amazing dish to enjoy!
Ingredients Of Gokul Pithe
2 1/2 cup sugar/date palm jaggery
150 gms flour
5-6 cups water
200 gms coconut, grated
450 gms khoya
40 gms ghee
1/8 tsp sodium bicarbonate
How to Make Gokul Pithe
1. prepare sugar syrup by heating 2 cups sugar with 4 cups of water.
2. let it to cool down. Fry the coconut, khoya and 2 tbsp of sugar together in a pan over medium flame.
Stir it continuously.
3. To make cakes, roll the mixture into balls and flatten between the palms.
4. batter will be made by mixing flour, remaining water, sodium bicarb and ghee.
5. ghee needs to be heated and coat coconut-milk cakes in the prepared batter.
6. it will be deep fried until it becomes golden brown and immerse in the sugar syrup.