Seviyan Kheer Recipe
Ingredients Of Seviyan Kheer
- 70 gms vermicelli
- 25 gms pure ghee
- 400 ml milk
- 50 gms grain sugar
- 5 gms green cardamom
- 2 gms cloves
- 20 gms whole almonds
- 10 gms sultanas / kishmish
- for garnishing fresh rose petals
How to Make Seviyan Kheer
- vermicelli needs to be crushed roughly.
- almonds will be cut in thick slices.
- kismis will be soaked in hot water and set aside.
- ghee will be heated and almonds will be fried. Drain and keep aside.
- cloves and cardamom will be fried lightly and add the vermicelli. Allow to brown lightly.
- add milk and let it boil. Simmer on a slow fire till the milk thickens.
- Add sugar and kismis. Remove from the fire.
- let it cool.
- To Serve:
- Adjust the consistency to a kheer.
- Transfer a portion to a serving bowl and garnish with the fried almonds. Can be served warm, at room temperature or cold