Artichoke: Health Benefits, nutritional facts, and email@example.com
Artichoke is a plant. This is also called as globe artichoke or French artichoke. Artichoke heads are served as a hot vegetable with a sauce or as a cold salad or appetizer. The leaf, stem, and root are used to make “extracts”.Extracts contain a higher concentration of certain chemicals that are found naturally in the plant.
Total Fat 0.15g
Dietary Fiber 5.4g
Vitamin C 11.7mg
Health benefits of Artichoke:
- Artichokes are extremely high in antioxidants compared to any other vegetables.
2. The antioxidant property in this vegetable comes from a number of different sources such as polyphenols.
3. Polyphenols have the ability to either slow down, reverse, or completely stop the onset of cancer.
4. Artichokes acts as a vasodilator which allows the blood to pass through smoothly.
5. One of the best benefits of this vegetable is that it can lower cholesterol significantly.
6. It also helps in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
7. Artichokes can also prevent bloating, cramps, diarrhea.
Artichokes are usually very safe. It might cause side effects such as gas, upset stomach, and diarrhea. People at the greatest risk of allergic reactions are those who are allergic to plants such as marigolds, daisies, and similar herbs.
Fun facts of Artichoke.
1.The artichoke is technically a flower bud but that has not yet bloomed.
2.The top artichoke producers are Spain,France and Italy.
3.1 artichoke plant can produce more than 20 artichokes per year.
How to buy and store artichoke?
- Look for an artichoke of any size that feels heavy for its size and has firm tightly packed leaves that are green.
2. Avoid artichokes with leaves that are spongy, loose, dry, split, or brown at the tips.
3. Don’t rinse or cut it. Sprinkle the stems with water and place it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
4. Fresh artichokes will stay for 3 to 5 days.
North Indian Dish:
Asparagus Artichoke salad
1.1large onion,thinly sliced
2.2 tbsp lemon juice
3.2 cups chopped asparagus
4.2 tbsp olive oil
5.Salt to taste
6.1 tsp garlic powder
7.1 cup sliced grapes
8.2 cups canned artichoke hearts
- Soak the sliced shallots in the lemon juice and keep aside.
2. Grease the asparagus spears with 1 tsp of olive oil and sprinkle salt evenly on them.
3. Place them in a foil-lined roasting pan,cook for about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Remove the asparagus from the oven or grill and cut into pieces.
5. Combine the asparagus and the remaining ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
6. Add as much of the liquid from the canned artichokes.
7. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Note: Artichoke is usually used as an ingredient, adding something special to a salad, pasta sauce, or pizza topping