Karamani Sundal Recipecontact@nuturemite.info
- 1 cup Black Eyed Beans (Lobia) , cooked
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut, grated
- 1 tablespoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- For Tempering
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 2 Dry red chilli
- 4 or 5 Curry leaves, roughly torn
- Salt , for taste
- Cooking oil
How to make Karamani Sundal Recipe – Spicy Tossed Black Eyed Beans Recipe)
- To begin making Karamani Sundal Recipe – Spicy Tossed Black Eyed Beans Recipe Soak the black eyed beans for at least 3 hours.
- After three hours pressure cook the black eyed beans with two cups of water for 5 whistles till it becomes soft. The dal should not become mushy.
- Heat the Kadai with oil and add mustard seeds and urad dal. Allow the urad dal to turn golden brown in colour and add curry leaves, dry red chilli, asafoetida.
- Saute for a few seconds and then add the cooked beans with a little bit of turmeric powder. Saute well to combine.
- Finally, add the grated coconut and cumin powder, salt for taste. Stir well to combine and turn off the heat. Transfer the Karamani Sundal into a serving bowl and serve hot.
- Serve Karamani Sundal hot with Masala Chai or South Indian Filter Coffee Recipe With Filter Coffee Powder.