How to prepare Rava Pongalfirstname.lastname@example.org
The Pongal is usually made with rice. Here we are doing it using semolina rava.
This is one of the south Indian favourite breakfast recipes.
Semolina rava- 100gm
Moong dal-75 gm
Salt –as per taste
Cashew- 10 no.s
Mustrad seeds- 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds- 1 tablespoon
Black pepper -1/2 tablespoon
Ginger -1 inch
Curry leaves- 10 no.s
Hing- ¼ tablespoon
Coriander leaves- for garnishing
1.Take the moong dal into dry frying pan and roast for its aromatic smell. Remove it and keep aside.
2. Roast the semolina rava to the same pan and fry till the granulated feel can be observed. Remove it and keep aside
3. Care should be taken while frying, as burnt ingredients affect the taste of our dish.
4. To the same pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee. Then, add the ingredients for tempering. Roast them and add 250 ml of water to it.
5. Moong dal is then added to the water and allow it to get cooked. Once the dal is half boiled you add the salt and mix well. Then the rava has to be added slowly and stirred continuously.
6. Add ghee to it and stir again. Allow it to get cooked for 5 minutes. We can add the powdered black pepper to the dish at this step.
7. Garnish the dish with coriander leaves.