Lima Beans Or Butter Beans: Nutritional values, Health Benefits, And Side-Effectscontact@nuturemite.info
Lima beans are delicious and versatile legumes that have a number of important health benefits. They are also called butter beans or sieva beans and are one of the most common legumes that are consumed all over the world.
Lima beans are good sources of many nutrients that include potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, B-vitamins, and calories. They also contain dietary fiber, protein, and antioxidant compounds, all of which make them a great addition to your diet.
Total Fat 0.38
Dietary Fiber 7
Vitamin B-12 0
Health benefits of butter beans
1. Heart health:
Lima beans are rich in dietary fiber which helps to control cholesterol and eliminate from the body.
2. Increased energy levels:
Due to the impressive protein content in Lima beans, it can provide a clean, healthy boost to your cognition and focus as well.
3. Diabetes management:
Due to the presence of dietary fiber, it optimizes blood sugar levels.
4. Improved Digestion:
Dietary fiber helps to bulk up the stool, thus preventing diarrhea.
5. Growth and repair:
Proteins are literally the building blocks of your body and we require them for everything from cell and tissue development.
Side effects of Lima beans:
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Weight gain
Fun facts of butter beans:
- It originates from Central and South America.
2. Lima bean can grow in the form of a bush or vine.
3. Lima bean is also known as “butter beans” due to the taste of cooked beans which resembles butter.
How to buy and store butter beans?
- Look for the pods that are firm and crisp. If you are buying shucked beans, make sure none have spots or discoloration.
2. Lime beans should be refrigerated in a tightly closed plastic bag.
Uses of Lima beans:
Lima beans can be grown both on bushes or on a vine and can be used in many ways:
- As the main protein source.
- A side dish
- Stews & curries
North Indian Dish:
Canned Butter Beans:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups canned butter beans
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until it gets softened.
3. Add the beans, salt, pepper, and bring to boil.
4. Serve warm, sprinkled with paprika.
Energy 251 kcalories
Tomato and garlic butter bean curry:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- tomatoes chopped into pieces: 2
- 2 cups of butter beans.
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic, cook, and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, spinach, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Cook until spinach is cooked.
- If required serve with pasta and cheese.
Energy 147 calories
Links To Some Best Amazon Products:
Sgreat Spice Lima Beans/Rangoon Mochai 1000 gms
Jai Shoppee Kolli Hills Ingredients Mochai Payaru / Lima Beans / Double Beans / White Beans / Bean / Dried Bean/ Fresh Grocery 100% Natural Premium 1kg
Jai Shoppee Kolli Hills Ingredients Mochai Payaru / Lima Beans / Double Beans / White Beans / Beans/ Dried Bean / Fresh Grocery 100% Natural Premium 500g
external links : https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods/