Introduction to ghee, related health benefits, and side email@example.com
Ghee is a clarified type of butter, meaning that it has been simmered into a concentrate and the residue has been removed. What remains is basically a pure combination of fats, without any milk residue, which means that it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. It can last for months, or even years without refrigeration which made it very popular throughout history before modern times and refrigeration.
It may be composed primarily of fats, but it also contains significant levels of Vitamin A, vitamin E, Vitamin D.Omega-3s are healthy forms of fat that can be found in ghee, in addition to other fatty acids like conjugated linoleic acid and butyric acid both of which have positive health benefits in the body.
Total Lipid 100
Vitamin C 0
Fatty acids 60
1. Boosts energy:
The wide range of fats that compose ghee includes medium-chain fatty acids, which are very useful for the body and can be processed by the liver and burnt as energy, not passing into the adipose tissue. For athletes or other people who are active, high energy lifestyles, it can provide the necessary burst of energy that you might need to get through a challenging day.
2. Reduces allergy:
Since it is a dairy-free lactose intolerant individuals or those who cannot consume butter are free to enjoy the flavorful treat of butter in the form of ghee without worrying about the gastrointestinal problems that normally follow.
3. Eye care:
The significant levels of vitamin A in this make it ideal for protecting eye health.
4. Boosts immune system:
Ghee can supercharge your immune system in addition to all of its other health benefits.
Side effects of ghee:
Ghee is purely made of fat, excessive consumption of ghee can dramatically change your fat intake and can act as a negative dietary choice.
Fun facts of ghee:
- Ghee is easier to digest. The MCTS ( medium-chain triglycerides ) present in it, is utilized quickly as energy, they are not stored as fat unless you over-consume the calories.
2. Ghee has a high smoking point and doesn’t burn easily like other fats.
3. Ghee is beneficial for people who suffer from eye problems as it contains an adequate amount of vitamin A.
4. Cow ghee is much healthier than any other type of ghee.
5. Fatty acids present in this, act as antiviral and protect from tumors and cancers if consumed in moderate amount.
How to buy and store ghee?
It can be stored,unopened,in a cool,dark,not necessarily refrigerated for 9 months.Once opened, a jar can be kept outside for about 3 months.Beyond that the open jar can be stored in the refrigerated for up to 1 year.
North Indian Dish :
Energy 241 calories
1.400 g basmati rice.
2.250 g cauliflower cut into small pieces.
3.100 green peas
4.100 g carrots cut into small pieces
5.100 g french beans cut into diamond shaped pieces
6.3 potatoes cut into 4 pieces each
7.2 black cardamom
8.4 green cardamoms
9.1 cinnamon stick
12.3 bay leaves
Masala for the vegetables
1.250 g onions sliced
2.3/4 cup curd
3.4 tsp chilli powder
4.3 tsp ginger garlic paste
5.2 tsp mint paste
6.1 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
7.1 1/2 tsp coriander cumin powder
8.Salt to taste
9.3 tbsp ghee
10.Ghee for deep frying
For the garnish:
1.2 tomatoes sliced
2.2 capsicums sliced
3.2 onions fried till crisp
4.Few mint leaves
- Wash the vegetables and dry them well. Mix all the ingredients for the masala, except ghee, and marinate the vegetables in it for one hour.
2. Heat ghee and deep fry the onions till well browned. Keep aside. When it cools down grind to a paste.
3. Wash and cook the rice in double the quantity of water. When done, remove the rice and spread it on a plate. Keep aside to cool.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and season it with the whole spices. Add the vegetables and saute for 5 minutes. Add a little water and cook the vegetables until they are dry.
5. In a baking dish arrange alternate layers of rice and the prepared vegetables. Top with garnish and bake in a moderately hot oven for 20 minutes. Serve with raita and papad.
South Indian Dish:
1.1/4 cup ghee
2.1 1/2 cups long grained rice,soaked for 15 minutes and drained
3.25 mm cinnamon
6.1 tsp finely chopped garlic
7.1 tsp finely chopped ginger
8.1 1/2 cups sliced onions
9.Salt to taste
For the garnish
- 1/4 cup fried onions
2.1/4cup fried cashew nuts
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, and garlic and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the rice, 3 1/2 cups of hot water, and salt. Mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
4. Allow the steam to escape before opening. Separate each grain of rice slightly with a fork.
5. Garnish it with fried onions and cashews and serve immediately.
Links to some best Amazon products:
Nestle Everyday Shahi Ghee, 1L Carton
Gowardhan Ghee Jar, 1L
Mother Dairy Cow Ghee Pouch, 1L