Soybean Oil: uses, side effects, and health benefitsmahesh kandakatla
Soybean oil is a vegetable oil that is extracted from soybeans and is scientifically known as Glycine max. It is native to East Asia and is considered a legume, however, despite its limited origin it is highly prized for its edibility.
Soybean oil is considered healthier than most other vegetable oils, due to the presence of a good variety of essential fatty acids in it, which the body needs in order to remain healthy.
Nutrition Facts of Soybean Oil:
Soybean oil helps to improve your heart health, lower cholesterol, improve your immune system, reduce cognitive disorders, and improves growth.
Vitamin B-6 0
Vitamin B-12 0
Fatty acids,total saturated 15.65
Also, Fatty acids,total monounsaturated 22.78
Fatty acids,total polyunsaturated 57.74
Health benefits of soybean oil:
1.Boosts bone health:
One of the most important functions of vitamin K is its osteotropic potential, which means that it can stimulate the regrowth or promote the healing of bones.
Omega-3 also promotes better vision by acting as antioxidants and neutralizing free radicals that can cause macular degeneration and cataracts.
Soybean oil contains a high content of vitamin E which acts as a powerful antioxidant by protecting the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Vitamin E is directly associated with improving the appearance of blemishes and reducing acne scarring. It also protects the skin against sunburn and stimulates the regrowth of new skin cells to promote healing.
Side effects of Soybean oil:
Consuming dietary supplements with soy extracts is possibly safe when used short term i.e. Up to 6 months. Soy can cause some mild stomach and intestinal side effects such as constipation, bloating, and nausea.
How to buy and store soybean oil?
- Soybean oil is sold in bottles or in plastic pouches for cooking use.
2. Search for light golden-colored oil free from any discoloration, cloudiness, or granules.
- Store the soy oil in a cool and dark place.
2. Unopened bottles or metal containers can be kept for about a year.
3. Once opened it should be used within two months.
Dishes using soybean oil and their nutrition values:
Soya mutter recipe:
1.1 tbsp soy oil
2.1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3.1 tsp ginger garlic paste
4.1/4 cup boiled onion paste
5.1/4 cup fresh tomato puree
6.1/2 tsp turmeric powder
7.1 tsp chili powder
8.1/2 tsp garam masala
9.1/2 tsp sugar
10.Salt to taste
11.1/2 cup boiled green peas
12.1/4 cup soaked and roughly chopped soaked and chopped soya chunks
13.1 tbsp fresh cream
14.2 tbsp chopped coriander for garnishing
1. Heat the soya oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and boiled onion paste and saute till it turns golden brown in color.
3. Lower the flame, add the tomato puree and saute till the mixture leaves oil.
4. Add the turmeric powder, chili powder,garam masala, sugar, salt, and 2 tbsp water and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes and stir accordingly.
5. Add the green peas and soya chunks, mix well, and cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the cream and mix well.
7. Garnish it with coriander and serve hot.
Energy 74 calories
Protein 5.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Links to some best amazon products:
Fortune Soyabean Oil, 1L Pouced by Adani Wilmar
Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil, 5L Jar
Kriti Refined Soybean Oil – 2L Square Jar by Kriti Nutrients Ltd