If you are watching news daily or even if you are not you must have once or twice heard about Coronavirus. So if you are wondering that what is coronavirus ? What are its Symptoms? What are the Precaution? So today you are going to know A to Z information about Coronavirus.
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS ?
Coronavirus (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome(MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV) .A novel Coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans .According to WHO (World Health Organization).
HOW DANGEROUS IS CORONAVIRUS?
In 2019-nCoV(Novel Corona Virus) infection can cause mild symptoms including a runny nose ,sore throat, cough and fever. It can be more severe for some persons and can lead to pneumonia or breathing difficulties. More rarely, the disease can be fatal. Older people and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as, diabetes and heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
HOW THIS VIRUS SPREAD?
The new coronavirus is a respiratory virus which spreads primarily through contact with an infected person through respiratory droplets generated when a person ,for example ,coughs or sneezes, or through droplet s of saliva or discharge from the nose .It is important that everyone hygiene . for example ,sneeze or cough into a flexed elbow ,or use a tissue and throw it in trash immediately .it is also very important for people to wash their hands regularly with either alcohol-based hand rub or sop and water.
COMMON SIGNS OF CORONAVIRUS ?
If you are wondering about what are the symptoms of this disease then you may shocked to know that they are so common as common viral or flu.
The common signs include respiratory symptoms, fever ,cough ,shortness of breath ,breathing difficulties. In more severe cases infection can cause pneumonia , severe acute respiratory syndrome ,kidney failure and even death.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM CORONAVIRUS?
Now, when you know how to identify coronavirus you must have thinking aout how to be safe from this harmful virus. Standard recommendation to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing ,covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing thoroughly cooking meat and eggs . Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing .
You can also follow these measure to keep you away from coronavirus :
- Wash your hand frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol –based hand rub if your hands are not visibly dirty.
- When coughing and sneezing , cover mouth and nose with flexed elbows or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands with alcohol –based hand rub or soap and water .
- Maintain at least 1 metre or 3 feet distance between yourself and other people ,particularly those who are coughing ,sneezing and have a fever.
- Handle raw meat ,milk or animals organs with care ,to avoid cros- contamination with uncooked foods ,as per good food safety practices.
- As a general precaution , practice general hygiene measures when visiting live animals markets ,wet markets or animal products markets.
- If you have mild respiratory symptoms and no travel history to or within China ,carefully practice basic respiratory and hand hygiene and stay home until you are recovered , if possible.
FINAL TAKEAWAY :
In the end we just want to say that if you feel any of the symptoms of this virus then you must go for check-up and if you are in china or if you are travelling in china or its native country then try to follow every precaution .