VITAMIN-C AGAINST CORONAVIRUSemail@example.com
Vitamin-c is a multitasker. It’s rich in antioxidants and prevents scurvy, and also performs the vital function in the regeneration of damaged tissues and production of certain neurotransmitters. It also required for the enzymatic functions and important part of the immune system.
VITAMIN-C FOR IMMUNITY:
As vitamin-c is rich in antioxidants, it contributes in strengthening the immune system. Vitamin-c is also present as a co-factor and helps in regulating many enzymes. Vitamin-c provides the barrier against the pathogens and promotes scavenging of the free radicals in the body, and also protects from the oxidative stressful environment.
It enhances the function of the foreign bodies engulfing cells known as phagocytes in the cases of infections and decrease the damage caused by microbes in the body. Vitamin-c also reduces the inflammation and boosts up the immunity.
HOW IMMUNITY WORKS AGAINST COVID-19?
At this time, for this coronavirus that has spread, immunity must be strong. Scientists and researchers are telling there is no cure nor is there any vaccine for coronavirus. During, this period only our immunity can save us from this deadly coronavirus.
It’s highly contagious and, it does not depend on age and it can happen to anyone but the immunity in young people have good immunity than those of older age and, these people get recover soon. The death rates are higher of the old age people and children below 10 years or who has the history of other diseases like cardiovascular disorders, pulmonary diseases, cancer, etc. So, that’s why our body’s immune system should be capable enough to fight the coronavirus this time.
FOOD THAT BOOST UP THE IMMUNITY:
To improve the immune system of our body here are some food supplements that everyone should keep in their diet plan which is highly rich in vitamin-c.
- GRAPEFRUIT: Grapes are naturally rich in vitamin-c and antioxidants. It contains the flavonoids that boost up the immunity.
- VEGETABLES: Broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts are not only rich in antioxidants but, also an essential for the gastrointestinal flora of beneficial bacteria. It has choline that fights back the infection and improves the immune system.
- FRUITS: Strawberries, kiwi, citrus fruits, oranges, and berries are rich in vitamin-c and stimulate the functions of the white blood cells.
- EGG–YOLK: Egg-yolk is a rich source of protein and zinc and selenium, and many mineral that help in boosting up the immunity.
- CARROTS AND WATERMELON: Carrots contain beta carotene and, it supports the mucus membranes of respiratory system, whereas, watermelons are the summer time treat and contains lycopene which helps in reducing the respiratory inflammation and prevents the further infection.
- ELDERBERRIES: These are rich in vitamin-c and contain antioxidants. Recent studies suggest that it beats the flu and prevent the cold and, also strengthen the immunity.
- DARK CHOCOLATES: Dark chocolates can improve with the stress in this COVID19 situation, mood and immunity.
- CASTOR OIL AND OLIVE OIL: It plays role in speeding up the healing process and improves the immunity.
IT IS NECESSARY TO TAKE VITAMIN-C DAILY?
Vitamin-c is water-soluble and it readily excretes out of the body without getting stored in the body. Vitamin-c does not get stored in the body so, it is necessary to take vitamin-c daily.
21 DAYS LOCKDOWN:
As the country is under 21 days lockdown and this is an essential period to remain safe for our family and the society.
So, you can utilize food supplements available at your home, for instance:
- LEMON: Lemons are the best source of vitamin-c and lemonade will dehydrate the body and boosts immunity.
- YOGURT: It is rich vitamins and beneficial bacteria like Lactobacillus which patrol the gastrointestinal system and gives your immune system a boost.
- ORANGES: These refresh the body and hydrate it. And also rich in vitamin-c.
- CINNAMON: It is versatile in nature and fights the pathogens and boost up the immunity as it is antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral.
- MUSHROOMS: These are the major source of boosting minerals like zinc, and can be sauté with garlic and tomatoes to make it more beneficial.
- VITAMIN–C TABLETS: Last but not the least, one can either go for the vitamin-c tablets which you will get in the nearby medical store.
As this disease has spread, we will have to fight it all together. We have to protect ourselves not only for our families, but for our country. And the future of our country is in our hands so keep your immunity strong and stays home and stay safe.