Raw bananas and its benefits for human email@example.com
Nutrition Facts Of Raw Bananas:
Raw bananas are unripe yellow bananas that haven’t converted much of their resistant starch into more easily digestible sugars. Also, raw bananas contain a high content of resistant starch and short-chain fatty acids and contain the similar levels of vitamins and minerals that are found in yellow banana. raw bananas contain nutrients include potassium and sodium and a decent amount of dietary fiber and a small amount of protein.
Health Benefits Of Raw Bananas:
Regulate Blood Pressure:
however, raw bananas are very high in potassium content, which is an essential mineral in the body. Also it has Potassium which functions as vasodilator which means that it can lower the tension and strain on blood vessels and arteries and this lowering of the blood pressure helps to prevent heart attacks, strokes.
Aid In Digestion:
The fibre present in raw bananas is essential for peristaltic movements and accordingly balances the gut bacterial growth.It reliefs the constipation and bloating.
Vitamin B6 is found high in green bananas so, vitamin B6 helps to regulate the blood sugar control.
Regulate Cholesterol Levels:
However the dietary fiber found in these banana is known to regulate excess cholesterol by scraping it from arteries and blood vessels,which can lower the risk of coronary heart disease.
Side Effects Of Raw Bananas:
In spite of its good actions it shows adverse effects on some people which includes digestive symptoms like bloating, gas and constipation.
Fun facts Of Green Bananas
- Firstly, India is known for the largest producer of raw bananas and mainly in the Southern parts of India adjoining the Western ghats where the tropical temperature is optimum for growth.
- Secondly, it is popular in Caribbean and Pacific islands where they may be referred to as Caribbean figs.
How to store green or bananas?
- Firstly, the storage of bananas can be done by various methods.
- Secondly, separate the bananas from each other by wrapping the stem of each banana with plastic wrap which will slow down the ripening process.
- And thirdly, put the bananas in fridge drawer and store them for about 1-2 weeks. Also it is better to buy raw bananas on the day of cooking.
North Indian Dish:
Raw banana methi sabzi:
However, this unique recipe transforms raw bananas into a delicious dish. Also the addition of fenugreek leaves give the raw bananas a total makeover enhancing its flavour and aroma to a great extent.
Energy 114 calories
1.4 raw bananas
2.1 cup finely chopped fenugreek leaves
3.1 tbsp oil
4.1 tsp mustard seeds
5.1/4 tsp asafoetida
6.1/2 tsp chilli powder
7.1/4 tsp turmeric powder
8.1 tsp coriander powder
9.1/2 tsp sugar
10.Salt to taste
- put the raw bananas and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
2.Allow the steam to escape until opening the lid.
3.And also remove the bananas keep aside and allow it to cool completely.
4.When its done, peel the bananas and cut the, into slices .Keep aside
5.Heat the oil in a pan ,and add some mustard seeds and asafoetida.
6.Add fenugreek leaves until seeds crackle and saute on medium flame for 2 minutes.
7. Similarly add the chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,sugar and salt and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
8.when the above process is done, add the banana slices,mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
9.At last serve the hot dish.
South Indian Dish:
Raw banana with coriander:
When raw bananas mixed with other vegetables it turns into a unique and delicious dish.
Total Fats 5.31g
1.2 raw banana
2.1 cup coriander
3.2 ginger,green chilies.
4.1/4 tsp turmeric powder
5.Salt to taste
6.2 tsp oil
7.1/2 tsp urad dal
8.1/2 tsp mustard seeds
9.1/2 tsp cumin seeds
10.Pinch of asafoetida
1. Firstly, remove the skin and cut the ends of the banana,chop into a small cubes.
2.Soak them in water until they are soft but avoid blackening.
3.Also grind the coriander,ginger,garlic,green chilies,turmeric and salt to taste into coarse paste using little paste.Keep aside.
4.Heat the oil in a pan and add the urad dal, mustard seeds cumin seeds and also asafoetida.
5. When dal changes color,add the banana,prepared coriander paste and 1/2 cup of water.Mix well.
6.Cook on a slow flame and you can see that the banana becomes soft.
7.Serve hot with steamed rice.