33rd Week of Pregnancy: Baby is the size of a Pineapplefirstname.lastname@example.org
After 33rd week of Pregnancy, it is just 7 weeks to go when you will deliver a new life on this earth. Inside your womb your baby is also preparing to enter in this beautiful colourful world.
How big is the baby after 33rd week of Pregnancy?
Your baby has reached the size of Pineapple or thereabouts. The baby weighs about 2.04 Kilograms. He/She has grown to about 12.5 inches in length.
The following are the changes that occurs in baby during 33rd week of Pregnancy:-
- Baby’s pupil can adjust accordingly to bright or dim light, just like yours.
- Lungs are developing successively.
- Baby is continuously gaining weight. In this week, he/she is going to gain about a half pound.
- Bones are getting harder and stronger.
- All the five senses are developing.
- Skin is getting smoother and wrinkles on skin are decreasing.
- Brain is developing tremendously.
- As the brain is developing continuously, so the head circumference has also increased by nearly half an inch just in this week.
- Baby is drinking up the amniotic fluid. This will help to develop the Gastrointestinal system of the baby.
- Immune system of baby is developing.
- Fat is growing beneath the skin.
If you are worried that how you are going to give birth to a baby bigger than a Pineapple then fear not. As your baby’s skull is specifically designed to make exist out easier through the birth canal.
Actually the bones of the skull are soft and separated until after the birth so that the baby can slide and move out easily. Although still present there for protecting the brain.
Symptoms you might experience during 33rd week of Pregnancy:-
- Wrist and hand pain (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Leaking of thick yellow fluid from breasts.
- Dry and itchy skin over the abdomen
- Contractions get more sharper
- Leg cramps
- Faintness or dizziness
Body changes observed during this week
- Nails grow faster and brittle
- Enlarged breast
- Enlarged belly
- Stretch marks
- Varicose veins i.e. twisted and enlarged veins that are dark purple or blue in colour
Call the doctor immediately if you observe the following symptoms–
- Severe hand and wrist pain
- Regular and fast contractions
- Vaginal bleeding
- Unable to sleep
- Burning with urination
- Excess abdominal and pelvic pain
Risk of Preterm labor during the 33rd week of Pregnancy:
- Regular and fast contractions
- High Pelvic Pressure
- Excessive water flow
- Blood clotting disorders
- High Blood Pressure
At this stage if you go into preterm labour, try not to get panic. Babies born at 33 week are not born with very high risks and usually do not go with long term complications.
Things to do-
Yoga is a great exercise to be done in this stage of Pregnancy. It is good for your muscles and won’t put too much strain on your joints. Slow, Rhythmic and deep breathing practice will help you out in labor.
2. Sleep on your side if you are not doing it yet
In the third trimester, it is advised to go to sleep on your side rather than to sleep on your back. As sleeping on back may increase the risk of stillbirth of your baby.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids
Researches show that having plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids(DHA) in the last trimester of Pregnancy is very beneficial for the brain development of the foetus. As the brain of baby is developing at this time, so intake of DHA is mandatory for you.
Omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish oil. If you avoid fish, then you can go for dietary supplements.
4. Have Holistic diet
It is mandatory for a pregnant woman to have a Holistic diet with all nutrients, vitamins and minerals. For complete nutrition you can categorise the food items and then should take after rotating them in your meals.
5. Plan ahead
After few weeks you are going to enter a whole new world with your little champ. So it is better to plan for the baby’s arrival from now.
Purchase ample of Nappies and have a stock of meals in your freezer for early days when cooking will be difficult.
The Bottom Line
At this 33rd week of Pregnancy, your baby is of the size of a Pineapple.
Pupil of baby is functional now and the brain is developing tremendously. His/Her skull bones are soft for making the birth easier. You may suffer from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome due to retention of fluid in the body. It’s a good time to plan for the post pregnancy period and practise of some yoga exercises. Have a holistic diet and especially add Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet so that you and your little champ can lead a healthy and happy life ahead.