10 Healthy Recipes to Eat the Rainbow (Highly Refined In Nutrition)mahesh kandakatla
Everyone knows that eating a variety of fruits and vegetables is very important because it ensures you get a wide variety of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, proteins, and more. But when you combine all of that to produce into one dish, it’s even more colorful and fun to get the good stuff. And for this you get the kids getting more excited for eating the nutritious food when you make 10 healthy recipes to eat the rainbow.
I know previously we have never thought of making the food look fun, pretty, and colorful. But today some so many parents love getting creative, whether because they think its fun, they know their kids will think its fun, or they know that if their kids think its fun then they will eat it. That’s why there are so many amazing ideas for taking fruits, veggies, and other nutritious ingredients and combining them into a rainbow of tasty snacks and treats.
1. RAINBOW SMOOTHIE:
- Rainbow smoothies have a beautiful seven-layer rainbow! Full of tons of fruits and topped with a fruit skewer, it’s the ultimate rainbows’ smoothie!
- To make this rainbow smoothie, you need to find the frozen fruit section, like strawberries, blueberries, and mango with bananas and pineapple. Blend the fruits separately and make sure it remains thick. Now layer each smoothie on top of each other, and you will see the separate layers of different fruits.
2. FRUIT KEBABS WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE DIP:
These kebabs are super easy to put together and always impressive and are specially paired with white chocolate. Feel free to thread your favorite fruits, even interspersing squares of marshmallows, but make this splendid dip. Serve it with the melted white chocolate, cream mascarpone, and a splash of vanilla.
3. LAYERED SALAD:
- This colorful layered salad recipe with creamy citrus dill dressing is such a nice addition to any holiday or birthday party menu.
- It is packed with some good nutritious food and yes, it’s colorful! You can layer your favorite finely chopped fruit or vegetable in a glass, and can serve with some grilled chicken, or fish for a perfectly satisfying meal.
4. RAINBOW FRUIT PIZZA:
Gluten-free rainbow fruit pizza is a simple but elegant way to use fresh fruits. It can be paired with a dairy-free frosting whip, eggs sugar-free cookie crust, and all the fresh fruit you could want over the pizza dough.
5. MANGO BERRY CRUNCH FRUIT SALAD:
A sweet, juicy blend of mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in a light, yogurt dressing with just a bit of texture from some toasted pecans. You couldn’t ask for more from breakfast, snack, all even a healthy dessert then this seasonal and fresh mango berry crunch fruit salad.
6. SPIRALIZED VEGGIE SALAD:
Grab a spiralizer, or veggie peeler and whip up this quick, easy, and healthy rainbow spiralized veggie salad having beet, carrot, cucumber, and broccoli stalk. Pile them into a bowl and top with chopped nuts and seeds along with your favorite dressing. And enjoy this rainbow!
7. NATURALLY INFUSED WATER:
- Say goodbye to juice boxes and sodas and get the naturally flavored waters, which are perfect, healthy, and refreshing drinks.
- These infused waters give a whole new meaning to the phrase, ‘Taste the Rainbow’. These waters do not contain added sugars, or chemicals. They only contain all whole, clean ingredients in a mason jar or glass with water.
8. RAINBOW FRUIT SALAD WITH HONEY CITRUS DRESSING:
- It’s a delightful food in summer and very easy to make. This salad is a great addition to breakfast, or it makes a healthy snack idea any time!
- You need to add your favorite fruits in a bowl, and add honey and citrus on top of it. This salad will give you both sweet and tangy flavors.
9. RAINBOW FRUIT AND YOGURT BREAKFAST BOWLS:
This is an amazing breakfast, loaded with fresh, rainbow-colored fruits, vanilla Greek yogurt, and topped off with Kellogg’s fruit loops. It is an ultimate way to surprise your kids on their birthday or for a fun family breakfast!
10. RAINBOW SALMON SKEWERS:
- The skewers are so versatile that you can make them all year long, and cook them on the grill, or in the oven. For grilling choose the tuna, swordfish, halibut, and salmon. After grilling them with some olive oil, add the seasoning salt and pepper on both sides.
- It takes about 5-10 minutes at 400 °F and it is necessary to use wooden skewers to soak the water before threading them. To prevent them to get stick together due to the heat of the grill. Serve skewer on the top of the salad and can flavor with some saffron or curry.
The phrase ‘Eat The Rainbow’, includes all the fruits, and vegetables having different colors like red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white. All these colors have their specific importance in a diet. Including all the colors in a bowl will make it a ‘healthy bowl’, and yet nutritious.