Premature greying of hairs:- Preventions, Natural remedies, and firstname.lastname@example.org
Premature greying of hair bothers everyone. Whether you choose to have it straight, or curly; long, or short, or even shave it off, how we carry our hair is truly personal. For you, it may be a source of being fashionable, but for some, their locks depict their inner soul. The escalating environmental pollution and an imbalanced diet are seizing the happiness of our hair. Are you amongst those youngsters who are amazed to see a grey hair on your scalp way sooner than you anticipated? Spotting strands of grey hair in the 20s can really be very intimidating. If you are finding ways to reverse the premature greying of hair through a countless stunt, then we are here to provide you with the necessary assistance.
The greying of hair is an indication of the natural aging process. Nowadays, premature greying of hair has become very common among youngsters. Our skin has numerous hair follicles that of pigments called melanin. So, as our age increases, these follicles cease the production of the pigment, resulting in grey hair. Cases of premature greying of hair have increased by 15% amongst the youngsters in the past three years. Hence, it is believed that one can turn their grey hair to black by applying some products, ingesting some foods, and bringing some alterations in their lifestyle.
Causes Of Premature Greying
From genetic traits and dietary deficiency to environmental pollution, experts have provided several reasons for premature greying along with effective ways to deal with it.
Causes of premature greying of hair are:
- Genetic traits: Studies prove that premature greying of hair is linked with heredity. Thus, if your parents or grandparents have faced premature greying of hair at an early age, then the chances of you facing it are obvious.
- Stress: Stress can lead to greying of hair. The stem cells in the hair follicles deplete themselves due to stress.
- Imbalanced diet: Deficiency of Vitamin B, copper, and zinc accelerate premature greying of hair. Thus, the nutrients help the metabolic processes which give our hair its natural color.
- Environmental pollution: Pollutants damage the melanin cells, accelerating the greying of hair. Thus, the pollution also makes our hair strands weak.
- Chemical hair products: By treating the hair with chemical shampoos, conditioners, and hair dyes can lead to greying of hair. Hence, the presence of chemicals decreases our melanin content.
- Smoking: Smoking reduces the blood flow to the hair follicles and causes loss of hair and the toxins present in the cigarettes the hair follicles resulting in grey hair.
- Autoimmune disease: Autoimmune disease like vitiligo attacks the hair and causes of pigment resulting in premature greying of hair.
- Thyroid disorder: Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism lesser production of melanin. This may lead to premature greying of hair.
Ways to Stop Premature Greying
Premature greying of hair (PGH) can be stopped by several natural methods as well as through medications prescribed by trichologists.
The extract of a fern named, Polypodium leucotomos with strong antioxidant and photoprotective properties provides sun-protection for your greying of hair if ingested orally.
Natural methods to stop PGH are:
- Massaging your scalp with curry leaves and coconut oil
- Using ribbed gourd and olive oil on your scalp
- Nourishing your scalp with onion and lemon juice hair pack
- Using a paste of plain yogurt, henna, and egg on the scalp followed by washing it off after 30 minutes
- Applying of warm black seed oil on the hair and the scalp
- Massaging organic mustard oil on your scalp
- Massaging your scalp with a tablespoon of amla juice, a bit of almond oil, and a few drops of lemon juice.
With the increase in pollution, regular cleansing of your scalp is becoming a prime requirement for healthy hair. The most efficient hair cleanser is Shikakai with half a cup of sour curd.
By bringing certain changes in our lifestyle, we can prevent premature greying of hair, like:
- Quit smoking: Smoking enhances the chance of pigment loss in comparison to non-smokers.
- Accepting antioxidants: Antioxidant-rich food in your diet can prevent PGH.
- Protection from the sun: Sun emits harmful UV radiations which can cause oxidative stress on your body and result in PGH.
- Avoid stress: Yoga and meditation us to gain inner peace in a stressful life.
Nowadays, long, thick, and, highly pigmented scalp hair has become a challenge for almost every individual. Increasing stress and pollution is affecting the shine, smoothness, volume, and elasticity of hair. Excessive heat-setting and blow-drying of your hair should be avoided, which causes weakening of hair. If you are witnessing the sudden loss of hair or premature greying of hair, you should consult a dermatologist.