Delhi pollution and covid-19: Precautions and safety.mahesh kandakatla
With the rise of air pollution in Delhi, it has become highly problematic for the people who are suffering from lung diseases. Ironically, the patients who are suffering from covid-19 are more on the dangerous side due to this pollution.
The adverse impact of air pollution is very well known and every person is aware of this. From respiratory problems, eye irritation to cardiovascular diseases, air pollution can cause a lot of serious health issues. Air pollution can lead to inflammation of respiratory organs etc. This pollution can predispose you to other infections including covid-19.
Covid-19 and pollution
The air pollution particles (especially smog particles) remain suspended in the air for a longer duration. These particles are a result of burned waste which is also a residue of plastic waste and polythene essentials. So the aerosol, which is the major source of COVID-19 infection, will also be in the air for a long time and can spread the virus more.
Precautions from pollution and covid-19.
- Avoid getting into any place where there is a huge crowd.
- avoid going outside at the peak time of pollution(early morning and sunset time of the evening). This time is very dangerous for the people who are already a patient of some respiratory discomfort.
- WEAR A MASK.
- Avoid going outside without any protection (essentially a mask or a mouth cover).
- Avoid doing heavy exercises that require continuous heavy breath in and breathe out.
- Try to stop doing any exercises in the evening outside your room. As at that point, the pollution level is relatively high.
- USE SANITIZER.
- If you are living in a contentment zone of covid-19, remember that having your sanitizers on your palms and masks on your face can only protect you from catching any virus. This you need to remember.
- Even if you are living in an area with a lesser number of covid cases, you have to wear a mask and have to put sanitizer on before getting outside. These are the only things that can save you from acting the virus for this time.
- If you are a fan of firecrackers, please avoid doing that and also don’t be at a place where the firecrackers are bursting.
- Avoid going to marriages and functions to the greatest extent.
- Try to get your health check-up done and ask your doctor to give you the necessary vaccine(dengue, pneumonia, diarrhea) so that there would be fewer chances for you to catch any other illness.
What diet plans can help you.
To combat air pollution and illnesses induced by it, you also need to follow a healthy diet.
- Avoid junk for as long as possible
- go for intermittent fasting after the festive season to get your health at a normal pace.
- do choose home-cooked over any market food. this will reduce the chances of exposure.
- Try to avoid skipping your 3-time meal.
- Hydrate yourself regularly.
- Increase the intake of vitamin C.
- Try to take sunlight if possible, it will boost the immunity as well as vitamin D level.
Don’t forget the desi kadha. It has all the essential ingredients that can help boost your immunity and also helps to fight your body stigma.
COVID-19 transmission and protective measures.
- Clean your hands with soap or sanitizer regularly.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing on your hands. Instead, use your bent elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth frequently.
- Try not to be a part of social gatherings.
- Avoid contact with someone who is sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.