The top benefits, nutritional values, Uses and storage of Split Bengal gramNuturemite
Bengal gram, closely associated with the chickpea family, could be a yellow lentil, rounded on one facet and flat on the opposite.
Bengal gram seeds are little and dark and have a rough coat. it’s majorly cultivated in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Asian country and North American country.
In the Indian eater cooking situation, geographic area gram could be a major ingredient. it’s primarily employed in creating curries. Within southern India, unripe grams area unit picked and consumed as a snack and therefore the leaves area unit value-added within the creating of salads.
Bengal Gram is understood because of the dark Brown Peas and Channa. it’s called one of the necessary pulse in India. Geographic area gram has a sensible quantity of iron, sodium, element and little quantity of copper metal and metal. they’re conjointly an awfully sensible supply of B-complex vitamin and fiber. It contains a contains phytochemicals known as saponins, which may act as antioxidants.
Bengal grams enhance the use of aldohexose, which is nice for diabetic persons and conjointly for traditional persons. Bengal gram extracts are sensible for diabetic patients. It helps to up the glucose levels, glucose, tolerance, urinary excretion of sugar and general condition.
It cures the biological process issues like dyspepsia, dysentery, vomiting, upset stomach and symptom.
Bengal gram juice far-famed for a chic supply of iron which is extremely helpful for the iron deficiency anemia.
Hair and Skin Disease
The Bengal gram flour useful for natural action the skin issues like hickey, eczema, acne, dermatitis, infection, etc.
Serves as an energy booster
Bengal gram helps increase the full energy within the body, that is why it’s fed to horses too. Chana is the richest supply of proteins in legumes and thus helps fuel the body. Methionine, a sort of organic compound gift in chana is useful within the correct functioning of the cells.
Helps with facial care
Bengal gram also can facilitate treat variety of skin issues like skin problem, pimple, dermatitis, and infection, among others.
Split gram beans can be eaten at any time of day. It goes well with every food item.
How to store Chana Dal?
Store Bengal gram in a cool and dry place.
Ways to use split gram beans
chana dal will be utilized in such a big amount of ways in which as an addition to soups, curries, salads, over rice or different grains. they will even be tossed in some olive or copra oil, together with some spices, and cooked within the kitchen appliance for a healthy snack. Like their larger common kinds of chickpea, they will be created into wonderful.
Uses of Bengal gram
Hair– Mix the Bengal gram flour with curd and apply the paste on the affected area for 10 to 15 min. It gives you a beneficial result. It gives the long strengthen hair and stop the hair fall.
Anemia- A tablespoonful of fresh Bengal gram juice mixed with honey should be helpful in anemic condition.
Facial care– For this purpose, mix Bengal gram or chana powder also known as besan with either milk or curd and apply on the face for an hour. Wash face well thereafter. The same paste, if applied to the scalp, ensures strong hair and reduces hair fall.
Painful Menstruating- Cure the painful menstruation problem by taking a hot bath with putting Bengal gram plants in hot water to have beneficial results.
Energy booster– Sprout soaked gram overnight and then the next morning, add a pinch of salt, ginger pieces, drops of lemon and black pepper powder and you have a healthy breakfast ready. A bowl of this gram meal in the morning will keep you energized throughout the day.
Season in which chana dal is available
Chana dal is available all year round
How to make Chane Ki Dal Recipe
● Split Bengal gram 1 cup
- Ginger 3/4 inch piece
- Onion 1 medium
- Fresh mint leaves a few sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 3/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry ginger powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Pure ghee 3 tablespoons
- Fennel seeds (saunf) 1 teaspoon
- Cloves 2
- Asafoetida a pinch
Wash and soak the dal in two cups of water for an hour. Drain. Peel, wash and crush ginger. Peel, wash and chop the onion. Clean, wash and chop mint leaves.
Add two cups of water, salt and turmeric powder to the dal and cook till done taking care that grains remain separate. Add crushed ginger, cumin seeds, dry ginger powder and two cups of hot water and simmer on low heat for five minutes.
Adjust salt. Heat ghee in a pan, add onion and sauté till lightly browned. Add fennel seeds, cloves, and asafoetida and add the tempering to the cooked dal.
Stir. Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot.
How to make Bengali Cholar Dal Recipe
- 1 cup Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut, cut into small bits
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt, to taste
- Ingredients for the seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Mustard oil
- 3 Dry red chilies
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 Green Chillies, slit into halves lengthwise
- 1 inch Ginger, peeled and grated
- To begin making Bengali Cholar Dal, first, wash and soak chana dal in water for an hour or so.
- Cook soaked dal with 2-1/2 Cups of water, turmeric powder, salt to taste and cook dal for 8 whistles / 30 minutes until the dal is cooked completely. See how to cook lentils (dals/pulses). Let the pressure release naturally and keep aside.
- In a pan heat mustard oil over medium heat, add the coconut pieces and fry until they turn golden brown. Turn off the heat. Transfer the fried coconut pieces in a bowl. Keep aside until required.
- In the same pan heat a tablespoon of mustard seeds and add cumin seeds, once seeds crackle add dry red chilies, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, green chilies, and grated ginger.
- Saute for a few seconds and add the cooked dal and roasted copra into the pan.
- Briskly boil Bengali Style Cholar Dal for three to four minutes and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the Bengali Style Cholar Dal into a serving bowl; finally, garnish with a few more of the roasted coconut pieces and serve hot.
- Serve the Bengali Cholar Dal with Begun Bhaja and steamed rice for a wholesome weekend lunch or dinner.
Safety profile for using split bengal gram
However, it ought to be noted that this specific sort of gram should be consumed carefully. If taken in excess, you will suffer from symptom and will conjointly precipitate urinary Ca attributable to the actual fact that it contains acid that might cause the formation of excretory organ stones.
Did you know?
Bengal gram reduces hair fall making the hair healthy.
India is one of the leading countries in cultivating Bengal gram.