Everything you need to know before you start workout.Nuturemite
Nowadays, the workout is in trend as everybody wants a great shape and a perfectly toned and conditioned body. If you look at your best, your self-confidence boosts up automatically. A proper lifestyle along with gym activities on a regular basis might help to reach your goal. It might give you a perfect body shape and acquire healthy body weight. If you have started going to the gym, you might wonder how much time you should spend in the gym? Well, the answer might be surprising to you.
It is suggested that you should train for 45 minutes to an hour, three to four times a week to achieve your health and fitness goals. Over-training might cause injuries to your body. Whereas underperforming the activities might not give you the desired results. So, you should always take the help of an authorized gym trainer. Before starting anything new, it is suggested that you know the basics of that thing. So, here we are to help you to give every basic knowledge on performing the gymming activities.
A fitness club, which is commonly referred to as a gym, is a place where a number of the equipment for exercises are kept. It meets the purpose of performing physical exercises.
According to the research, only 45% of Indians have taken a gym membership and most fitness enthusiasts lie between the age group of 20 to 35 years.
Types of Gym workouts
- Cardio equipment: Cardio equipment like treadmills, recumbent bikes, stair climbers, rowing machine, and spin bikes helps to perform cardio exercises. You should perform cardio exercise 3 to 5 times a week.
- Strength training: If you want strong muscles, healthy bones, and want to control a healthy weight, you should head to the weight room and perform full-body workouts for at least 2 to 3 days a week.
- Fitness classes: Along with muscle-building and heart-pumping, you need motivation and encouragement to workout. Fitness classes to do so in order to bring regularity to perform the exercises.
- Recreational activities: Larger fitness clubs offer extra recreational activities like swimming, basketball, racquetball, or an indoor track. You can sometimes swap your exercises with these activities.
Advantages and Disadvantages of gym workouts
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, an adult should perform 150 minutes of moderate-intensity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic workout along with two or more days of muscle-strengthening activities in a week.
Advantages of regular workout are:
- Prevent diseases: Diseases like diabetes, colon and breast cancer, and certain metabolic diseases can be prevented through regular workout. Regular exercise also enhances the efficiency of the heart and controls blood pressure. Performing 30 minutes of exercise for five days a week the can reduce risk of heart diseases.
- Enhance muscle and joint support: Aerobics and strength enhancing activities support the muscles and joints making them flexible and stronger.
- Encouraging social life: Going to the gym helps you to live among people and communicate with them. This expands your social network making your social life more colorful.
- Reduce stress: Exercises you gain mental peace which affects the mood positively. It reduces pressure by blocking the stress hormones, cortisol, and adrenaline.
Disadvantages of regular workout are:
- Hardcore exercising can increase your appetite leading to an imbalanced diet.
- It can result in serious injuries if you force yourself to perform beyond current physical capability.
- Gymming is highly addictive and failure of going there can lead to the feeling of anxiety, guilt, loss, and even depression.
- Strenuous exercises can cause damages to your heart.
Awareness about over-training
Regular gym workouts are advantageous to your health but too much good also has negative effects. If there are symptoms of excess fatigue and decline in performance. Also, sleep issues, and recurring injuries might occur due to pushing yourself beyond your physical capabilities. You should have proper awareness about the exercises you are performing. Like its duration, number of seats to be performed, your medical history, etc. to witness only its positive effects on your body.
As you know that there are good as well as bad effects on everything. So, performing gym activities also has both effects on your body depending on how you do it. Before beginning, you should take from your doctor and perform the activities only under the supervision of gym trainers.
[…] appearance. Bad hair can result in low self-esteem. Then, think of people with no hair at all. It affects their interpersonal and professional relationships. We can help you gain your confidence back. Just […]