Vegetables: Benefits, nutrients, and compositionNuturemite
Vegetables are a source of healthy diet. They contain vital nutrients and vitamins. These nutrients are an integral part of our diet and they keep us healthy. Vegetables reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
They provide nutrients necessary for health and maintenance of our body.
- Most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories. They don’t have cholesterol.
However, adding sauces might enhance fats, cholesterol.
- Potassium, dietary fibres, folic acid, vitamin a, vitamin c makes them special.
- Vegetables help regulate blood pressure. potassium available from vegetables help in this purpose.
- Dietary fibres are very important for ensuring an overall healthy diet. it helps reduce blood pressure levels and lowers risk of heart disease. Fibres from vegetables are important in ensuring a proper bowel function. They help in controlling constipation and diverticulosis. Fibres also provide a sense of fullness with few calories, making it ideal for dietary recommendation.
- Folic acids from vegan help the body to form red blood cells. Pregnant women are benefitted by the presence of folic acid in them. Folate helps neural tube defects, spina bifida, and anencephaly during fetal development.
- Vitamin A helps cure nightblindess. Therefore, Vitamin A is required for ensuring good quality skin, eyes, and prevent them from infections.
- Vitamin c present in citrus fruits heal cuts and prevents scurvy, by ensuring proper and healthy dental conditions. This vitamin also helps adequate iron absorption in gums and keeps them strong.
Vegetables – Additional health benefits:-
- Including vegans and fruits as a part of an everyday diet reduces the risk of severe heart ailments like heart attack and stroke.
- Consuming a diet rich in vegetable prevents our body from becoming vulnerable to certain kinds of cancer.
- Vegetables having high content of dietary fibres reduce obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- Vegetables having higher content of potassium, reduces blood pressure and also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and increases bone density. Moreover, this is important for elder individuals to deal with osteoporosis and other bone defects.
- Vegetables are highly recommended for dieting purposes because they have low-calorie content. Hence,this helps an individual for developing the habit of lower calorie intake.