Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 No.s
Ghee- 1 cup
Cardamom- 4 no.s
Cashews- 5 no.s
Almonds- 5 no.s
Walnuts are rich source of vitamins and minerals. The inclusion of walnuts in diet improves the metabolism, health of heart, bone, skin, reduces inflammation, acts as mood elevator and controls weight. Everyday consumption of few walnuts found to control diabetes.
- Before preparing the halwa, Walnuts are soaked in 1 cup full of milk for 1 hour. The walnuts are removed from milk and then ground to coarse paste. Keep aside the milk used for further use.
- Heat the frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee. Add the other nuts (chopped) and roast them. Remove them and keep aside.
- Now in the same pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee, heat it and then add the ground paste of walnuts. Fry it continuously to prevent it from sticking to bottom.
- Add ghee in batches and continuously stir it. Add milk to it and milk well.
- Then add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- The ghee leaves the paste once it is cooked well. Now remove it to serving bowl.
- Garnish it with the roasted nuts.
- This can be served hot as well as chilled.