Sunflower oil: uses, nutritional facts, and its health benefitstulikasingh744
Sunflower oil is a non-volatile oil that can be easily extracted from sunflowers. It is also used in certain cosmetic applications. Also, the main producers of sunflower are Russia, Ukraine, and Argentina.
Uses of sunflower oil:
Also, sunflower can be used in cooking, frying. It can also be used in cosmetics like lip balms and skin creams.
Nutrition facts of sunflower oil:
It is rich in vitamin E, vitamin K, phytosterols, and monosaturated fatty acids.
Thus, these flowers contain fatty acid content which includes palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, carotenoids, selenium, and linoleic acid. Also, the combination of fatty acids in the body is extremely important to maintain various elements of human health and sunflower oil helps to maintain that balance.
Total Lipid 100
Vitamin K 5.4
Fatty acids,total saturated 13
Also, Fatty aicds,total mono unsaturated 46.2
Fatty acids,total polyunsaturated 36.4
Health benefits of sunflower oil:
1.Lowers cholesterol levels:
It doesn’t contain any saturated fats, henceforth it helps to reduce your overall cholesterol content in the body.
2.Relief from athlete’s foot:
It is also an effective remedy for providing relief from Athlete’s foot. So, Athletes foot is a fungal infection that starts between the toes and the topical application of the sunflower oil helps in curing it faster.
3.Boosts heart health:
It is a good choice for those who want to keep an eye on their heart health and prevent atherosclerosis. Also, this can clog arteries, raise blood pressure, increase the chances of heart attack or a stroke. The presence of choline, phenolic acid helps to boosts the energy and also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
It is rich in vitamin E and is specifically related to improving skin health and regenerating cells. So, usually, people use sunflower oil for massaging premature infants having low birth weight or other complications. Hence, it is claimed that this effectively lowers the chances of developing skin infections.
This has been positively correlated with a lower amount and severity of asthma attacks because of its anti-inflammatory qualities, which are derived from its vitamin content, as well as beneficial fatty acids it contains.
Doctor,s highly recommended for infants because it can protect them from infections, particularly when they are born prematurely.
Side effects of sunflower oil:
- It has higher omega-6 content than any other vegetable oil. There have been concerns about this particularly for people who already have problems with obesity or cholesterol.
2. Also, if sunflower is consumed in excess, it can result in an imbalance of fatty acids in the body which is very dangerous. It also shows adverse effects on the liver.
How to buy and store sunflower oil?
1. Sunflower oil is usually sold in bottles or in pouches or tetra packs.
2. Choose an oil with a light golden color, free from any discoloration, cloudiness, or granules.
3. Check the manufacturing and expiry dates before buying
4. Inspect the pouch for leaks.
- Store the sunflower oil in a cool and dark place.
2. Unopened bottles or metal containers can be kept for about a year.
3. If possible, transfer the oil from the can into a glass bottle to avoid metallic tasting oil.
Dishes using sunflower oil and nutrients values:
1.Low calorie vegetarian noodles recipe:
1.1 cup grated coconut
2.1 cup chopped cabbage
3.1 cup chopped french beans
4.1 tsp vinegar
5.1 tsp soy sauce
6.1 tsp chili sauce’
7.1/2 tsp sunflower oil or corn oil.
8.1 tsp soy sauce.
1.Boil vegetables each separately.
2. Boil noodles.
3. Remove water and add one drop of oil to separate each noodle.
4. Take 1/2 tsp oil in a nonstick pan,.
5. Put the boiled vegetables, noodles, and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Also, add soya sauce, vinegar, garlic, and chilly sauce after removing from the flame.