Vitamins-The Ultimate Immunity Boosters.email@example.com
Win the battle against diseases by intake of immunity boosters- The vitamins.
Don’t you want to visit a doctor? Don’t want to get sick? Don’t want to empty your wallet at the hospital counter? Here is a simple solution to your all problem – Boost the power within your body-Awake your in-built army that works against health attackers- works as immunity boosters.
In our body, we have a systematic function for each organ and body part. Therefore, It keeps us organized to help us survive in nature and complete our daily tasks. Similarly, there are many other living organisms which can enter our body and disturb the systematic functions of our body. So firstly, it is important to fight against those pathogens and foreign particles or diverse conditions and secondly, we have the immune system in our body to keep the internal environment free of hurdles to conducting all the body functions. Our immune system not only keeps our body disease free it also manages and creates good mental health.
Due to the lack of some micronutrients, our immune system might get lower down because of that it cannot fight against the antigens to protect us from getting sick. But, we can rejuvenate our immune system by some immunity boosters. For Example, Vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
What are vitamins and how they act as immunity boosters?
- Vitamins are micronutrients that our body cannot produce itself. So, these are the molecules that participate in many activities of our body and they are required in very small quantities but also they are essential.
Vitamins are of two types-
- Retinol or Vitamin A.
- Calciferol or Vitamin D.
- Quinones or Vitamin K.
- Tocopherol or Vitamin E.
- Vitamine B complex
- Vitamine C
Role of vitamin A:
- Vitamin A is also known as retinol is required for good vision, healthy skin, immune system maintenance, bone health, healthy teeth and as well as healthy tissue in the body.
- Synthesis of pigment in the retina of the eye.
- It also helps in the formation of new cells in the body because it signals the cells to grow faster and new cell generation gives you youthful skin.
- Antioxidant activity is present in beta carotene (a plant precursor of vitamin A).
Sources of vitamin A –
- Retinol can be found in animal product-fortified milk, egg meat, fish oil, liver, cheese, and kidney.
- Proactive vitamin A (beta carotene) is found in plants-vegetable and fruits.
- It is found in bright color foods such as:
- Pink grapefruit
- Pumpkin and sweet potatoes
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Winter squash
Vitamin A deficiency:
Deficiency of this vitamin causes blindness, dry eye, diarrhea and skin problems, So for healthy eyesight and skin eat the food which provides you vitamin A.
Role of vitamin D:
- Vitamin D maintains calcium and phosphorus levels in our blood.
- To absorb the calcium in the body we need it and it is necessary for keeping our bones and teeth healthy.
- It supports our immune system, nervous system, and brain health.
- It also promotes the growth and mineralization of bones.
- Vitamin D helps our heart to function properly.
- Helpful in maintaining diabetes by insulin level management.
Deficiency of vitamin D can cause:
- Rickets in children.
- Softening of bones in adults and children.
- Osteoporosis (when bones lose its density).
Recommendation range per day- 600-1000 IU.
- Dairy products
- Soy milk
- Fatty fish
- Egg yolks
Our body makes or produces the precursor of vitamin D that is a type of cholesterol and after that when we come in the exposure of sunlight in the presence of UV- B radiation and then it synthesis this vitamin by its precursor.
The high level of melanin in skin inhibits the production of vitamin D in the body.
So for healthy and strong bones, we should take the appropriate amount of vitamin D and sunlight regularly.
Role of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) as immunity boosters:
- Vitamin C helps in Protein metabolism.
- This vitamin also helps in wound healing.
- and also works for the Biosynthesis of collagen.
- Vitamin C works as an antioxidant.
- it also Reduces stress.
- It also reduces the effects of free radicals on cell damage.
Deficiency of vitamin C can cause:
- Skin problems
- Poor wound healing
- Joint pain
Sources of vitamin C:
- Red pepper
- Green peas
- Strawberries and,
Role of vitamin K:
- Vitamin K mainly helps in blood clotting therefore it plays an important role in producing a clotting factor prothrombin.
- It also regulates the level of calcium in our body
- It helps to regulate bone metabolism.
Deficiency of vitamin K can cause:
Deficiency can lead to the Risk of uncontrolled bleeding because the clotting is performed by this vitamin. Therefore, it helps to prevent infection as immunity boosters.
- Fresh leafy vegetables
- Pine nuts
- And, Broccoli.
Roles of vitamin E:
- Vitamin E also called a beauty vitamin because it has super antioxidant activity.
- It’s an oil-based vitamin so it inhibits platelet aggregation inside our blood vassals.
- In many studies, it was found that vitamin K stops the growth of cancer cells.
- Vitamin E is very effective in infectious diseases to control because it also takes part in the first line of defense in our immune system.
- Similarly, it enhances cell immune response and also effective in viral disease control.
Vitamin E deficiency can cause:
Deficiency of vitamin K can cause Muscle weakness, vision problems. Similarly, immune system changes, difficulty in walking and tremors, poor sense of balance and can cause anemia due to the oxidative damage of RBCs.
Vitamin B complex:
There are various types of vitamin B present in nature all of them have different roles in our body.
- Wound healing vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin b5 (pantothenic acid)
- For fats and drug breakdown, we need vitamin b-2(riboflavin).
- This vitamin is also Found helpful in improving our cholesterol levels.
- Pantothenic acid or Vitamin B-5 is good for our brain and nervous system.
- Pyridoxine or Vitamin B-6 helps in generating new blood cells in the body and it keeps our immune system strong.
- Biotin (Vitamin B-7) is essential for healthy hair and nails.
- Folic acid or Vitamin b-9: folic acid form DNA and genetic material.
- Likewise, it prevents birth defects during pregnancy.
- Cobalamine or Vitamine B-12 is helpful in maintaining nerves and blood cells. It also prevents pernicious anemia.
Vitamin b-complex supplement can improve some health conditions like:
- Depression and anxiety
- Skin wounds
- PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome)
Sources of vitamin B-complex:
- Leafy green vegetables
- Organ meat
- Enriched and fortified Bread and cereals
So this is very clear that these micronutrients or immunity boosters are how important for the proper function of our body system and when our organs work finely then only we can have stronger immunity. So, it is clear that the Immune system is a gift to us that it can even save our life from very harmful bacteria and viruses. In conclusion, we should take preventions and the proper intake of these immunity boosters to live a healthy life. So take some minutes and think that you can protect your body by a simple step and that is the proper intake of micronutrients or vitamins. Stay healthy-always true-precaution is better than cure.