Kesar Pista PhirniNuturemite
Ingredients Of Kesar Pista Phirni
- 1 1/4 Litre Milk, full cream
- Rice, soaked
- 1 Gram Saffron (broiled)
- 30 Gram PIstachios
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamom powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Rose water
- For garnishing:
- 15 Gram Pistachio (slivered)
- 1/2 Gram Saffron (broiled)
- 2 tsp Rose petals (dried)
steps to Make Kesar Pista Phirni
- rice needs to be picked, washed and soaked for 1 ½ hours.
- milk needs to be boiled in pan which has a heavy bottom and set aside.
- Drain and grind the rice coarsely.
- saffron will be boiled and set aside. Blanch pistachios, peel and cut into slivers.
- include the coarsely ground rice paste to the milk and cook. keep on stirring it continuously so that you make sure that there are no lumps present in it and that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Sugar will be added and mixed well.
- Add green cardamom powder, saffron and mix.
- Add rose water.
- let the mixture off the flame when it starts thickening.
- Pour into soaked earthenware pots and keep them in the refrigerator to chill for 1 to 1 ½ hours. garnished with slivered pistachio nuts, saffron and dried rose petals.
- tastes best when served chilled.