Flaxseed : Benefits, Nutrients, and tips to useNuturemite
The flaxseed was cultivated in 3000BC in Babylon. It is given importance because of its medicinal traits. Flaxseed remains a one stop solution to cancer, heart diseases, stroke and diabetes.
Flaxseed Nutrient contents
- Omega-3 : Omega 3 and other fatty acids are healthier sources of fat, and are good for heart
- Lignans: It has antioxidant traits and estrogen as well. It is high in lignan than any other plant.
- Fibre: These seeds are a source of both soluble and insoluble fibres.
Flaxseed Health Benefits
These seeds are a good source of omega-3 , inhibits tumor incidence and growth. Lignans found is also protective against hormones causing breast cancer. Lignans block the pathway for the related enzymes involved in metabolism by interfering with the growth and spreading of other harmful tumor cells.
- Heart diseases
It is useful for its anti-inflammatory property and the ability to normalize heartbeat. Omega-3 works on the arteries and strengthen them, keeping white blood cells from sticking to the vessels carrying blood. Atherosclerotic plaque buildup also reduces by a significant percentage. It also ensures the rhythmic beating of our heart.
Lignans present in it may improve blood sugar, as measured by the hemoglobin A1c blood test. It also cures type 2 diabetes in adults.
ALA and Lignans released alongside other anti-inflammatory agents helps curing Parkinson’s disease. Reducing the inflammation takes place with the help of ALA , which checks the plaque buildup in arteries. This action of ALA prevents heart diseases and stroke.
- Fighting hot flashes
When mixed with cereal, juice, and yogurt it reduces the chance of facing a hot flash by 50%. The intensity of total hot flashes might also fall by 57%.
Precautions ( not to consume) :
- Pregnant and lactating mothers
- Children below 6 years of age
Tips to use:
- Buy the best quality seeds and grind it yourself
- Add to a food/dish you are habituated eating
- Keep them in dark, moist dishes/plates
- Use it when baked
- Preserve it by keeping in freezer
- Purchase whole ones to assure longer preservation