12 Ideal Tips For Pregnancy Self-Care During LockdownNuturemite
When it comes to pregnancy you’re already making, so many adjustments in your life to make yourself healthy and stronger for your baby. Your self-care routine is one of those adjustments, but it’s so confusing to know what the ways are that are safe, and which ones aren’t. During pregnancy, it is very important to take care of yourself as you are growing a human inside yourself which can take its toll on your body and your mind. Therefore, pregnancy self-care is so important keeping yourself healthy and stress-free and helps to prevent complications.
HERE ARE THE IDEAL TIPS FOR PREGNANCY SELF-CARE WHICH HELPED YOU TO RELAX, AND ENJOY BEING PREGNANT:
1. GET PLENTY OF SLEEP:
- During pregnancy you need as much rest as you can get, and try to make sleep a priority. I know it can be very difficult to get comfortable at night, especially in the third trimester but investing in creating a relaxing bedtime routine will help.
- Gynecologists advise to take a nap during the day if you need to. Pregnancy can be tiring and a couple of hours of sleep in the afternoon will help you to regain your energy.
2. EAT WELL DURING PREGNANCY:
- Try to take a natural, balanced diet during your pregnancy. Avoid foods that are rich in sugar as they will make you feel more tired and sluggish than you already are. You may have a craving for junk food, but they are not your friend so avoid them.
- However, if you feel like, you need more energy, eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and high protein foods. Healthy snacks will give you a much-needed energy boost for the day. In addition to this, try to include foods high in fibre as this will help in constipation.
3. STAY HYDRATED:
It is important to drink plenty of water during pregnancy to avoid dehydration, especially if you live in a hot climate. However, dehydration causes fatigue so have regular drinks throughout the day. Try to keep a bottle of cold water with you and take regular sips. This also helps with nausea.
4. FOLLOW SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- Following proper pregnancy guidelines will help you and your baby safe and healthy. You must avoid alcohol and cigarettes and do not take any prescribed drugs.
- Make sure you know what is safe for you to eat, and drink during your pregnancy and make a small chart having basic guidelines.
5. REGULAR EXERCISE:
Involving in regular physical activity can help reduce your risk of complications during pregnancy. It can provide relief to aches and pain you may have especially in your back. 30 minutes of exercise each day can improve your health. Before undertaking exercise during your pregnancy always check with your health care professional.
6. REDUCE STRESS:
Stress during pregnancy can be harmful as it can increase your blood pressure. So try to relax as much as possible and take some time out for yourself. You can try some prenatal yoga or meditation each night before you go to sleep which helps you in reducing the stress.
7. KEEP A PREGNANCY JOURNAL:
Writing in a journal every day throughout your pregnancy can be so advantageous. Through this you’re not only able to track your symptoms, weight, and your pregnancy’s progression, but also able to record how you feel each day. Maintaining a journal, and writing down your thoughts and feelings can be extremely therapeutic.
8. TAKE A PRENATAL VITAMIN:
The prenatal vitamins will help cover any gaps in your diet during your pregnancy as well as give you much-needed minerals like folic acid, iron, and calcium.
9. TALK ABOUT YOUR WORRIES:
It’s perfectly natural to be worried during your pregnancy regarding the labor and delivery of your baby. So, it is important that you don’t keep your worries to yourself and make it worse. Don’t be afraid to talk to friends, family, and healthcare professionals about your worries and get solutions for it.
10. PAMPER YOURSELF:
Taking out time for yourself is very important during your pregnancy. Give yourself a manicure, use a face pack, or try a spa. It can be very therapeutic and make you feel so much better about yourself.
11. TAKE A VACATION:
Take a break from your busy schedule and choose your favorite destination to relax, unwind, and to prepare yourself for what to come is to take some time away. Go on short break for a week with proper pregnancy guidelines.
12. STAY CONNECTED:
As you need to get plenty of rest and relaxation during your pregnancy try not to isolate yourself. Socialize with your family and friends that will keep you connected to the outside world. And will help to take your mind off your pregnancy symptoms and concerns.
It is very common among pregnant women to forget about themselves and focus all their attention on the preparation for the coming child. But focusing on your own well-being during the pregnancy will actually help you to become a better mother. So, it is necessary to take care of yourself during pregnancy.
[…] amazing book tells you how to best meet the challenges of pregnancy, postpartum, and early motherhood. Dr. Sanford presented this intelligently written book with her […]