Vegetable Soups and Weight LossNuturemite
Vegetable soup is delicious, healthy, and filling! It’s easy to make and perfect for lunch or afternoon snack. It’s bright, colorful, and loaded with all kinds of vegetables (and you can easily sub in whatever veggies you like or have on hand). Today we will discuss vegetable soups and weight loss!
Of course, this soup isn’t the magic weight loss secret but if you’re trying to cut calories this is perfect to have in your fridge ready to enjoy when you need a snack or a quick meal! Vegetable soup is not only loaded with flavor, but it also fills your belly and is naturally low in calories and fat. When we are trying to cut back we enjoy a small bowl of this vegetable soup before each meal. Many love cabbages in this soup, it adds bulk and fills your belly. If you’re not a fan of cabbage, you can most certainly substitute kale or spinach. Keep in mind that kale will add more bulk and spinach will shrink down quite a bit.
Weight loss and vegetable soups have always shared a very healthy relationship. We all have heard health experts and nutritionists talking about including chicken soup in weight loss diet, it is because chicken is packed with lean protein that helps you keep satiated for a longer time. But, what about vegetarian options? Is vegetable soup good for weight loss too? The answer is yes! Soups are an imperative part of a dieter’s journey towards weight loss. There is enough room to experiment with soups. You can throw in your favorite veggies, meat, herbs, and spices to make yourself a healthy and weight-loss friendly delight. Choose veggies that are high in fiber.
How to Add More Flavor to Vegetable Soup?
We love this vegetable soups and it’s very flavourful! We season with our favorite herbs or add Italian Seasoning but you can add whatever you’d like! Here are a few additions to change the flavor:
- replace canned tomatoes with spicy canned tomatoes
- add a few dashes of hot sauce
- fresh herbs such as basil or cilantro
- parmesan cheese (or a cheese rind while cooking)
- a very small amount of balsamic vinegar
- tomato paste or bouillon
- a splash of wine
How to Freeze Vegetable Soups?
This vegetable soup recipe is great because it can be made on the weekend to enjoy throughout the week and it freezes well. I spoon it into single servings and portion it into freezer bags.
They’re easy to take out for a quick meal or snack and perfect to heat up for a quick meal on the go. If you’re looking for something quick and healthy you’ll love this easy veggie soup recipe!
Top 15 Vegetable Soups for Weight Loss
1. Instant Pot Lentil Soup
Another reason to be completely obsessed with your Instant Pot.
2. Slow-Cooker Moroccan Soup
Put your slow-cooker to work.
3. Turmeric Tomato Soup
There’s a reason why turmeric is all the rage right now.
4. Chicken Ginger Soup
A fast and tasty recipe to kick-start your diet.
5. Broccoli and Red Lentil Soup
A great way to detox and a great way to use up the extra veggies in your fridge.
6. Green Detox Soup
Garlic and greens are the cure for everything.
7. Healthy Turkey Chili
Like chili, but better for that bod.
8. Weight Watchers Zero-Point Cabbage Soup
There are only 22 calories per-serving of this soup!
9. Fat-Burning Cabbage Soup
Who knew that burning fat could taste so good?
10. Spicy Southwest Chicken Soup
The spices in this soup will help jumpstart your metabolism.
11. Veggie-Packed Tomato Soup
Loaded with veggies so you won’t go hungry, but light enough to help you shed some lbs.
12. Mushroom and Kidney Bean Soup
Low on calories and loaded with fiber.
13. Immune-Boosting Chicken Soup
Show flu season who’s boss.
14. Weight Loss Wonder Soup
Some diets are based on eating nothing but this soup. We don’t recommend that, but it is really tasty.
15. Vegetarian Collard Greens Soup
A weight-management must have.
Common Soups and Recipes for Weight loss:
1. Clear Vegetable Soups
Apart from high-quality fibre and a host of health boosting minerals and vitamins, broccoli contains phytochemicals that help enhance fat loss in the body. Carrots are one of the best low-calorie vegetables to include in your weight loss diet. Carrots are rich in both soluble and insoluble fibre and, hence, fit the bill perfectly when it comes to healthy weight loss.
- 1 cup, finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup, finely chopped green peas
- 6 cloves, finely chopped garlic
- 1, peeled, finely chopped onions
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup, finely chopped carrot
- Black pepper powder as per taste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup, finely chopped capsicum
- 1 tsp oil
- Take a pan and heat oil in it on a medium to high flame.
- Now, sauté garlic and onion until both turn golden brown.
- Then, add all the veggies and sauté for 2-4 minutes.
- Add water and allow the mixture to come to boil. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the veggies to cook on low to medium flame.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper as per taste. Serve hot.
2. Mushroom Soup
Mushrooms are delicious and loved by vegetarians and non-vegetarians, alike. Mushrooms have been known to promote weight loss and fat burn by regulating the levels of glucose in the blood. Added bonus? They’re rich in protein and can help you increase your metabolism, resulting in fat loss.
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 tsp cornflour (dipped in 1/4 tsp slim milk)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 sliced small-sized onion
- Black pepper as per taste
- 2 cups of water
- In a pan, add mushrooms and milk and cook them until mushrooms become soft. Keep aside and allow it to cool.
- Once it is cool, take a blender and make its semi-smooth paste.
- Now, in a pan roast onion on medium flame until golden brown. Sprinkle water as and when required.
- Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Then, take the ground paste, add it to the pan and mix with water; simmer for not more than three minutes.
- Add in cornflour and salt, and allow to come to a boil.
- Now, lower the flame and cook until the mixture turns creamy and thick.
- Serve hot.
3. Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower, or phool gobhi, is one of the most nutritious vegetables that the Indian palate has loved since time immemorial. According to data by the United States Department of Agriculture, a 100-gm portion of cauliflower contains just 25 calories! It is the perfect low-calorie alternative to unhealthy carbs, which may help you keep the number of calories consumed per day, under check.
- Cauliflower florets
- Chopped onion
- Chopped potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Vegetable stock
- In a pam, sauté garlic and onion and add potato and cauliflower florets.
- Now, add then vegetable stock and boil.
- Add pure cream and cook until you get a creamy texture.
- Serve hot.
It’s not necessary that soups have to be laden with fats to be tasty. These vegetable soups for weight loss can be easily made at home.
4. Mushroom soup
Mushrooms are delicious as well as healthy. They have been proven to promote weight loss by regulating glucose and burning fat. Mushrooms are rich in protein and can boost your metabolism, promoting weight loss.
You will need:
1 cup chopped mushrooms, 1 teaspoon cornflour (dipped in 1/4 teaspoon skim milk), 1 sliced; small-sized onion, salt as per taste, 1 cup milk, black pepper as per taste and 2 cups of water.
How to make:
Take a pan and add chopped mushrooms and milk to it and cook until the mushrooms become cool. Now keep it aside for cooling down. Once it cools down, take a blender or a mixer and blend this into a smooth paste.
Now sauté the onion in a pan until brown and keep it aside. Now mix the mushroom paste and onions and boil it for three minutes. You can add cornflour to make the paste thicker. Now cook for 4-5 minutes and serve hot.
#soup #vegetable #veggie #vegetable_soup #health #healthy #healthy_food #health_life #recipes #fit #fitness #trending #important #weight #skinny #weight_loss #burn #fat #burn_fat #shed #pounds #healthy_lifestyle
Leave a Reply