How to make restaurant style, yummy methi paratha at home?Nuturemite
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Servings :4 no.s
Methi leaves – 1 cup
Atta flour – 2 cups
Salt – 1 table spoon (as per taste)
Garam masala powder – 1 table spoon (as per spice requirement)
Garlic – 1 tablespoon ( finely chopped)
Green chilles – 1 tablespoon ( as per spice)
Ghee/Butter – for roasted parathas
Water – as per requirement
- The fresh, cleaned methi leaves are finely chopped and taken in mixing bowl.
- To the same bowl, add all the ingredients, except the flour.
- All the ingredients are mixed thoroughly and then add atta flour to the mixer.
- Then it is kneaded thoroughly. This enables the even distribution of all the ingredients. Water is added very little , if required. The wetness in the chopped leaves is good enough for the dough preparation.
- The prepared dough is then covered with wet napkin and left for 10-15 minutes for resting of it. This procedure helps for yielding tasty paratha , as all the spices get absorbed to the flour used.
- The rested dough is then divided into equal portions.
- Then the portioned dough is rolled over rolling pin.
- The tawa is placed on the stove and heated on medium flame.
- The rolled parathas are placed on the tawa and heated for about 1 minute. It is turned over with spatula, by applying ghee/ butter on both sides.
- This is served hot with raita.
This is the best way to make children eat leafy vegetables. The spice can be adjusted as per our requirement. so while cooking for the children, we can reduce the quantity of spices. The color of it also attracts them to taste it. This is easy to prepare, carry in lunch boxes, rolled and wrapped up with aluminium foil, which help to retain freshness.
Leave a Reply